[Bf-funboard] Swipe-Selecting, Copying & Pasting data in controls

Chris Williamson bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:02:57 +1300

Unless I just haven't found it yet, there doesnt seem to be any way of
'swipe-selecting' when entering data into a control. I dont know really what
the technical term for it is - as when you click & drag over text text in
the text window, you can select words & lines as blocks. Would it be
possible to add this in for other controls in the buttons window, & the file
browsers fields?

With the controls in the buttons window, the procedure could be the same as
shift clicking on a control to change it to keyboard entry mode, except if
you keep your finger on shift & the mousebutton then drag over the text you
would select it. Then if you just start typing the previous value would be
overwritten.

In addition to this, it would be great to copy & paste that text from one
control to another...