[Bf-funboard] buttons window icons

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:28:57 +1000

> I think your organisation is much more logical,
> however Lampbuttons should appear instead of
> Materialbuttons if you select a lamp object.
I agree....
So
[Lamp active]
Material -> Lamp (and Material icon disappears)
Editing -> Lamp (and Editing icon disappears)

[Lamp inactive]
Lamp -> Editing (and Lamp icon disappears) (currently Lamp -> Material, even
though many non-Lamp objects wouldn't use a material)

> This is more logical, because they both have to do with
> shading.
I think that Editing should change to Lamp though, even if Lamp toggles with
Material because the Editing buttons are irrelevant for Lamps (i.e. they
don't show up at all). The material buttons are irrelevant too.

> All the options about how to display the lamp object
> should be moved into the object buttons though, to
> keep things consistent.
It could be the last thing in the "object" group and be next to the shading
group (assuming they're all displayed at once).

- Luke.