[Bf-funboard] Re: FileSelector buttons

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:07:57 +0200 (CEST)

The improvement is that it is much less confusing.
Having small obscure buttons with nothing in them next
to all the Load buttons is a confusing way to
introduce the option to have (or not have) an image
preview.

It takes a long time to figure out what those two
buttons do and what the differences are. Ask any
Blender user that has been using Blender for 14 days
about those buttons! He probably will reply "Yes, that
is one of the things that have confused me about the
program". These really strange, illogical, alien
things are what we should change first. It is a fact
that a lot of people who have just downloaded and
installed Blender, instantly remove it again because
of its alien behaviour. Luckily Blender is in the
process of getting rid of the bad things while keeping
the good. Therefore these strange "nothing"-buttons
must go.

My proposal is to include the image preview function
as a toggle button inside the filebrowser.
This is logic, and useful too, because it gives you
the ability to switch over to show images in some
folder and switch back to show filenames in others.

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan