[Bf-funboard] I guess i will suggest It

Selso DaSilva bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:46:29 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry i think  you missed my point, I love blender
just the way it is now. The new UI would require me to
buy a new system to run all this kool stuff.

--- William Reynish <wreynish@yahoo.dk> wrote:
> The new UI design is first and foremost designed to
> add flexibility as well as ease of use while not
> comprimizing functionlity. Only secondly to make it
> look better.

Yes but ease of use and look and feel are very
similar, one will have to intersect the other.

> I agree it would be cool to be able to add full
> skins
> that emulated other programs, but really, if we made
> just one, easy to use, easy to understand, easy to
> learn, flexible, customizable and good looking
> interface we wouldn't need to be able to make
> specialized skins.

it would be more than cool, you will have the ability
to adapt to its user. No matter which software or
platform they came from.

> No pro application has skins - only gimmicky
> programs
> such as Winamp. I think adding a skin-design will
> mean
> that it would be more difficult to add new features
> due to compatibility with different skins ect.

and you forgot mozilla, both of these application are
most used and supported in their field. You now have
people showing their UI design and most might not make
it in the final release, instead of them going to
waste they will fit into the plugin section. And as
features are added the groups taken care of each skin
will just add the button.

> I have suggested that we add more screen presets
> though - which can't hurt - for more preset layout
> schemes. You can actually get surprisingly close to
> Flash MX or Sofimage layout style.

More presets less space to work, and more memory being
used. If you make the presets, modular, allowing it to
load only if the user wants it. This would keep
blender simple, small and fast, features i have grown
to love within Freedom software (aka free software)