[Bf-funboard] I guess i will suggest It

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:54:34 +0200 (CEST)

The new UI design is first and foremost designed to
add flexibility as well as ease of use while not
comprimizing functionlity. Only secondly to make it
look better.

I agree it would be cool to be able to add full skins
that emulated other programs, but really, if we made
just one, easy to use, easy to understand, easy to
learn, flexible, customizable and good looking
interface we wouldn't need to be able to make
specialized skins.

No pro application has skins - only gimmicky programs
such as Winamp. I think adding a skin-design will mean
that it would be more difficult to add new features
due to compatibility with different skins ect.

I have suggested that we add more screen presets
though - which can't hurt - for more preset layout
schemes. You can actually get surprisingly close to
Flash MX or Sofimage layout style.

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan