[Bf-funboard] Lots of cool ideas on how to improve consitancy, ease of use ect. (with mockups)

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:34:42 +0200 (CEST)

BF-Xand wrote:
>bf-xand <bf-xand@wanadoo.fr> wrote:i agree with the
>proposal 1, 2, 3, 5.

Great! So you atleast agree on

Vertical text in collapsed horisontal panels
Consistant arrows and menus
Global Frames/seconds
include Grab, Rotate and Scale in menus

>i don't think that tabs in header be a good idea,
>icons are more readable (prop 4)

Well, I disagree. I don't think many people would
guess that the symbol for the sound buttons meant
"Sound Buttons". Ofcourse they would probably find out
before that long, but still, if we keep icons, maybe
we could make them as tabs with icons in them. That
would work quite well, keeping tab-consistancy.

>wider than the prop 6, why can we have the choice of
>different .b.blend ?  i got different settings of
>screen in different files for animation or texturing.

Well that is a totally different issue, but I think
Ton is working on this.

>prop 7: i can recall the statup screen by clikingon
>the blender logo in the general header.

Yeah, I know, but that wasn't the main point. The main
idea was that you would be able to acces a type of
quickstart guide from the startup screen. What do you
think of that idea?
An ofcourse to show you my idea for a cool new startup
screen!

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan