[Bf-funboard] Updated panels style, a few suggestions....

Daniel Barbeau bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:46:03 +0200

Hello

I'll make this quick, the first paragraph is very superficial (but do
read it if you have some time, please), the others might be more
interesting.

First: At the moment, the rounded corners only appear if headers are
on... the effect is lost when header is off, or in the other corners
of the window. Could all corners be rounded? (SHOULD all the corners
be rounded?) Second: it's still relative to the rounded corner effect.
The edge of the header and the edge of the actual window (all window
types) do not match perfectly... the header is 2pixels shorteron the
left I think ... it's not very important, but it looks a little bit
messy. And i think the space between vertical window borders should be
just a bit larger, like one pixel... the current settings make dark
borders cover lighter ones and this, again, gives a slightly messy
feeling.

Third (and probably most important) : When selecting vertical
alignement for button windows, it could be usefull to have the headers
display vertically on the left or the right... (/me checks if isn't
already possible... hum, didn't find anything)... If the user wants a
vertical buttonwin, the window might be a bit short to display the
whole header and the user might then miss something (and scrolling
just the header is a bit of a pain i.e. a waste of time)...

Forth : the secondary icons in the buttonwin header (those which are
context sensitive, that change whether you're under "material" or
render" etc...) shouldn't be displayed in the same line or in the same
way... they get me quite confused. Since there aren't so many of these
buttons, i thought these could be displayed vertically by default and
still fit in a horizontal window.

Okay, I hope this is useful to you designers and developpers... you're
doing a great job! keep it up!
Blender needed this face lift! it's not only nice, but it's also
useful!

Ciao
Dani