[Bf-funboard] Updated panels style

Daniel Barbeau bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 17:59:40 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luke Wenke" <iljwamh1234567890@hotmail.com>
To: <bf-funboard@blender.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Bf-funboard] Updated panels style

> Hi Dani,
> The main problem I have with the old style is the circle in the
upper-right
> hand corner when you have a combined panel. I noticed it fairly
quickly and
> started clicking it to see what it did (I thought it might open a
menu or
> something) - but it did absolutely nothing.... also, in the old
style only
> the active tab appeared in a capsule - the rest of the tabs had
titles but
> nothing else. And in the old style, there was no dinstinct titlebar
colour
> for any of the panels... yet you could only drag the single panels
by their
> title bar. Though the old style might be cleaner, I think it is a
lot harder
> to learn how to use... and this might lead to poorer reviews of
blender and
> frustrated users posting about it on messageboards, etc.
> - Luke

Hi Luke

Yes, the main problem I have with the capsule-design is indeed, as you
pointed it out, that unselected titles have no capsule but i thought
this could be fixed by a very slight grey capsule to give the feeling
that you can click on that buttton and expect something from it. Today
I found out that the top-right circle was for dragging the window
around... i must recognize that that wasn't so obvious, but a simple
crossed-arrow could explicit that icon's point.

However I'll still love blender with its tabs ;-)

Ciao
Dani