[Bf-funboard] Menus in all windows and moving the release date back.

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:53:42 +0200 (CEST)

--0-1642116323-1066478022=:21374

I can never remember what keycombination straightens out the IPO curve handles, and it took at least a year before i found out how to add strips in the sequencer window. Both are crucial features.

I always thought that it was part of the plan to include menus is all the window types so that you could acces window specific functions without having to remember the hotkeys. However, all the newest builds only has a Main menu and a 3D window menu. Wouldn't it be cool if all the widows had menus?

It would help me alot, and it would abviously help beginners too. Is it part of the plan? Please consider this very strongly. No, infact, just please do it!

PS
I love the menu work that has been done so far!

PPS
If you don't feel you have time to this before 2.3 should be released, I think you should push the release date back. Better to have a really good release a few weeks later, than having a half-completed one on time. I think you should wait untill you have also made the new Toolbox system.

You could wait with certain things until 2.31, but I think it is better not to make too many small updates, but rather slightly fewer, better ones. Especially with the new UI, we can't release something that is half new and half old. So, my proposal is to wait with releasing untill you have:

1, Menus in all windows

2, New toolbox

3, Graying out feature for options/functions that are not relevant.

4, Buttons renamed and moved around

5, (obviously) Everything working

Another reason to do it this has to do with the 2.30 manual that otherwise will become VERY outdated within weeks or months.

Oppinions please..

------------
Yahoo! Mail - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan
--0-1642116323-1066478022=:21374

<DIV><FONT face=arial>I can never remember what keycombination straightens out the IPO curve handles, and&nbsp;it took at least a year before i found out how to add strips in the sequencer window. Both are crucial features.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial>I always thought that it was part of the plan to include menus is all the window types so that you could acces window specific functions without having to remember the hotkeys. However, all the newest builds only has a Main menu and a 3D window menu. Wouldn't it be cool if all the widows had menus?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial>It would help me alot, and it would abviously help beginners too. Is it part of the plan? Please consider this very strongly. No, infact, just please do it! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PS</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial>I love the menu work that has been done so far!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial>PPS</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial>If you don't feel you have time to this before 2.3 should be released, I think you should push the release date back. Better to have a really good release a few weeks later, than having a half-completed one on time. I think you should wait untill you have also made the new Toolbox system.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial>You could wait with certain things until 2.31, but I think it is better not to make too many small updates, but rather slightly fewer, better ones. Especially with the new UI, we can't release something that is half new and half old. So, my proposal is to wait with releasing untill you have:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial>1, Menus in all windows</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial>2, New toolbox</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=arial>3, Graying out feature for options/functions that are not relevant.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>4, Buttons renamed and moved around</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>5, (obviously) Everything working</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Another reason to do it this has to do with the 2.30 manual that otherwise will become VERY outdated within weeks or months.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Oppinions please..</DIV><p>------------<br>
--0-1642116323-1066478022=:21374--