[Bf-funboard] default blend with a light and camera moved up

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:02:19 +1000

> I VERY strongly suggest that the default blenderfile should include one
lamp
> and that the camera is moved up one Blender unit, so that when you start
up
> Blender and press Render, you will see a plane with lighting. For new
users,
> this will be great! They will instantly see that it isn't that hard to
make an image
> with Blender. You will never want to make a Blenderfile without any lights
at
> all anyway, so this won't slow experienced people down because they will
> want to create at least one light anyway.
And maybe the default object could be a cube? Or at least a plane that is
rotated to face the camera? Otherwise the plane would be invisible even if
it was lit since it begins lying flat. Or the camera could be rotated to
face down a bit so that the plane is visible.

> I remember it took a few days before I figured out how to do lights thing,
so it
> would have helped me, and every other 3D program has a default light.
In 3D studio max, it begins with nothing at all (no lights, etc) and if you
render it with no lights, it automatically lights up the scene nicely.

- Luke.