OSA and AA....Re: [Bf-funboard] Re: Remove doubles, sorry Kent

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 01:37:19 +1000

Actually I rarely ever use OSA with MBLUR. At the moment I'm using MBLUR
with animations that have quite a lot of movement so I use a setting of 16
(with Bf of 0.3 or so). It takes at least 5 minutes to render each frame. If
I enable OSA as well, that goes up to about 20+ minutes, and the image
quality isn't much better. The main problem is the banding when things
move... OSA doesn't reduce the distance between the bands, but MBLUR does.
OSA just makes the individual bands (if they're separated) have smoother
edges. But if the bands are close enough together, their edges will be
smooth since MBLUR seems to include the same jiggle that OSA does.
- Luke.