[Bf-funboard] Blender should show which buttons are relavant

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:56:48 +0200 (CEST)

--0-166913193-1066157808=:73190

I know this has been suggested before once, but I think one important interface improvement in Blender would be making Blender show us what buttons worked for what modes. This could be done by graying out buttons that are not relavant.

I made these two mockups:

Here are the editbuttons in editmode:
http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons_editmode.jpg

Here are the editbuttons in non-editmode:
http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons_objectmode.jpg

I think this will make the task of learning Blender quite a bit easier. If some prefer, we could have it so that the buttons could still be pressed even though they were grayed out. However, I think this will just contribute to confusion. Anyway, why would you want to press Subdivide when not in editmode?

What do you think?

-William Reynsih (Monkeyboi)

------------
Yahoo! Mail - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan
--0-166913193-1066157808=:73190

<DIV>I know this has been suggested before once, but I think one important interface improvement in Blender would be making Blender show us what buttons worked for what modes. This could be done by graying out buttons that are not relavant.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I made these two mockups:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here&nbsp;are&nbsp;the editbuttons&nbsp;in editmode:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons_editmode.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons_editmode.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Here&nbsp;are&nbsp;the editbuttons&nbsp;in non-editmode:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons_objectmode.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons_objectmode.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think this will make the task of learning Blender quite a bit easier. If some prefer, we could have it so that the buttons could still be pressed even though they were grayed out. However, I think this will just contribute to confusion. Anyway, why would you want to press Subdivide when not in editmode?&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What do you think?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>