merge/weld and osa Re: [Bf-funboard] Reorganising the EditButtons

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:55:50 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:29:56AM -0500, jp@nuance9.com wrote:
> Personally I feel "merge" is a much more easy to understand and obvious description
> than either "weld" or "Rem Doubles".

I second that. "Weld" is almost a case for my Langenscheidts, but "merge" is clear.

> While talking about button labels, what's the basis behind "centre" as opposed to
> "center"?  In the US "center" is the common spelling.  I am guessing "centre" is the UK
> spelling.  Which is more globally accepted I wonder?  I mean it's not too big of a deal,
> you obviously will understand what it is talking about.
> Sincerely,

Blender is rather european, but american influence is everywhere.
However, we should either stick to american or british english.
(Maybe  I will not accomplish that in my mails, but for the GUI it
should be possible.)

---
Thorsten