merge/weld and osa Re: [Bf-funboard] Reorganising the EditButtons

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:29:56 -0500

On 15 Oct 2003 at 2:17, Luke Wenke wrote:

> > Maya says 'merge', we say 'remove doubles', 3dmax says 'weld'. I bet
> > other programs have its terminology as well. Here personal taste,
> > opinions and conventions play roles.
> >
> > On that basis, "merge" and "weld"
> are perhaps fairly equal and "Rem Doubles" is a lot worse.

I agree.  The function of Rem Doubles is not at all obvious to a new user.  My initial
reaction was "What the heck is Rem?!" Of course I also wondered, "What the heck is a
double"?!  ; )

Personally I feel "merge" is a much more easy to understand and obvious description
than either "weld" or "Rem Doubles".

While talking about button labels, what's the basis behind "centre" as opposed to
"center"?  In the US "center" is the common spelling.  I am guessing "centre" is the UK
spelling.  Which is more globally accepted I wonder?  I mean it's not too big of a deal,
you obviously will understand what it is talking about.
Sincerely,

Justin Pease
N u a n c e   N i n e
Web Usability, Development and Design