[Bf-funboard] Re: Undo Possibilities

D.J. Capelis bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 06:40:34 -0700 (PDT)

If it's merely changing the location of an object,
then it seems the .diff could be generated fairly
easily.  For more complex operations, perhaps if might
be a little trickier.

If fork() will work better than, by all means.  It
just seems that .diff generation wouldn't neccessarily
be expensive.  Maybe this would fare better in an XML
fileformat...  (Where .diffs for each operation could
probably be generated easier.)  I was thinking it
wouldn't be too hard to do with the binary format as
well though...

As long as the undo happens one way or another, though
frankly, something easily expandable to a branching
undo seems kinda slicker.  I suppose we'd have to
actually run benchmarks to compare the speed drop.

=====
~D.J. Capelis~
Network Security and Cryptography Researcher.
Developer of the FOML NewSE codefork - http://se.solarmatrix.net