[Bf-funboard] (Douglas) Toolbox, mmh, 5

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:35:06 +0200

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 01:25:03PM -0400, Douglas Bischoff wrote:
> You already point out that you don't have 3rd level menusystems worked
> out yet, but I'd like to re-emphasize that some sort of visual cue
> should exist that points to another level available (like > or
> something similar).

3rd level will be the same way as presented last time (except some
divine inspiration hits me).
I have listed arrows indicating 3rd level menus under "Still missing"
on my page.

> Would it be possible to have a radial toolbox and a "traditional"
> toolbox be user-selectable? This might be more of a coding pain than
> it's worth, but to at least run it by some users to see what they think?

> I would like to try the new layout and see how it works... but without
> having a chance to play with it & see if it speeds my work, I am
> reluctant to go this way.

Ton already stated that he's going to implement a framework for something
like this. So you will propably have the opportunity to test it and
give feedback before it goes (or doesn't) go into main blender.

In the end I need to see it in action too, before I know how
good (or bad?) it realy is.

> Nice work putting the presentation together, Thorsten!
>
> -Bischofftep

Thanks.

---
Thorsten