[Bf-funboard] Undo possibilities

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:42:55 +0200

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 01:06:17PM -0700, D.J. Capelis wrote:
> I thought up what I thought was an interesting way to
> undo things that would probably be easy enough to snap
> into the current interface.  It would also eliminate
> the need of autosaves...
>
> anyways, I put the idea in as Feature Request 613:
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=613&group_id=9&atid=128

I would be terrible happy to have branching undo in blender.

However, you mix a basic idea with a suggestion for an actual
way of implementation. I think it would be helpful to keep
such things seperated.

The first time I heard of such an undo-system was in a test
of a sample-editor, quite some years back. Can't remember
it's name, I think it was for the Mac. Anybody knows
of apps with such capabilities?

Maybe this should wait, until there is a normal, omnipresent undo
implemented into blender.

---
Thorsten