[Bf-funboard] Beginners thoughts

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:33:44 +0200 (CEST)

--0-1504376402-1065994424=:32337

During all these interface discussions, I remembered what it was like to fire up blender for the very first time. With this in mind, I have made a mockup showing my thoughts as a beginner on the Blender interface. Please don't see this as an attack on Blender, I love it to death. Maybe this can be an inspiration as to what is good, and what things need changing. I think I'm not the only one who had these thoughts when they started using Blender.
I believe the interface can be changed so that it is at least as productive as it is now, as well as being easier to learn for the beginner.

Here is the 'begginers thoughts' picture: http://www.shadeless.dk/beginner%20thoughts.jpg

-William (Monkeyboi)

------------
Yahoo! Mail - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan
--0-1504376402-1065994424=:32337

<DIV>During all these interface discussions, I remembered what it was like to fire up blender for the very first time. With this in mind, I have made a mockup showing my thoughts as a beginner on the Blender interface. Please don't see this as an attack on Blender, I love it to death. Maybe this can be an inspiration as to what is good, and what things need changing. I think I'm not the only one who had these thoughts when they started using Blender.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I believe the interface can be changed so that it is at least as productive as it is now, as well as being easier to learn for the beginner.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here is the 'begginers thoughts' picture: <A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/beginner%20thoughts.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/beginner%20thoughts.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>