(vertex parenting) Re: [Bf-funboard] Broken's menusystem

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 05:39:00 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thorsten Wilms" <t_w_@freenet.de>
To: <bf-funboard@blender.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 4:37 AM
Subject: [Bf-funboard] Broken's menusystem

> I never used parenting outside Object Mode ...
> Is Vertex_Parent under Control_Points corect?
>
> And how come there's Make*Parent and no Clear*Parent there?

Hi,
In my last email I said broken probably forgot about that... but actually I
think he's right.... "clear parent" basically means "stop being a child".
You can only do this to objects, not vertices - I mean you can make objects
the children of objects or the objects can be children of a vertex. You
can't make a vertex the child of a vertex (I think). So to do "clear parent"
you can't be in edit mode, you've got to select an object - in object mode.
- Luke.