[Bf-funboard] Broken's menusystem

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:37:48 +0200

Hi!

I'm currently looking into organizing the toolbox closer to
the menusystem.

There's 'Make Single User' in the Object Menu, but I see
'Make Local' in the old Toolbox.
Those commands are overlapping, or have I misunderstood
something?
Can 1 of the 2 be kicked out of Blender?
BTW, I find 'Make Local' easier understandable then
'Make Single User'.

Something else:
Mesh/Vertices/Make_Vertex_Parent
Curve/Control_Points/Make_Vertex_Parent

I never used parenting outside Object Mode ...
Is Vertex_Parent under Control_Points corect?

And how come there's Make*Parent and no Clear*Parent there?

With all that hiding of vertices or faces, is it realy
neccesary to have a "Hide_unselected_*"? There's already
the possibility to inverse the selection. Well, ok you end
out with no selection, but every item increases the menusize.

No general critique about the organization, it's impressive
work. I just wondered about the above.

---
Thorsten