[Bf-funboard] Copy/Paste/Cut hotkeys, problems, use in textfields/numfields, pasting 3d text

samo korosec|froodee bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:22:11 +0200

Am Freitag, 10.10.03, um 07:10 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Luke Wenke:

> Hi,
> (Sorry if this has already been discussed...)
>
> Currently to cut, copy and paste text within Blender, you use the
> obvious
> hotkeys: ctrl-x, ctrl-c, and ctrl-v.
>
> But to copy and paste text between Blender and the windows clipboard,
> the
> hotkeys are ctrl-shift-C and alt-shift-C for copy (2 different
> hotkeys) and
> ctrl-shift-v for paste.
>
> Besides being hard to remember, I think it is totally unnecessary to
> have
> other hotkeys to copy from and paste to the windows clipboard....

But then you would also need to implement an OS X variant that uses
the, obvious to any Mac user, Command-C/X/V combination.

Now if Blender would be integrated with the OS more (as far as the UI
goes) such changes would make sense. But as it is Blender neither has
the "look'n'feel" of any OS I know an can thus freely use different
conventions for the copying, imo.

> BTW, as far as Windows is concerned, there are some technical problems
> copying and pasting between windows programs and Blender. I hope those
> problems can be eliminated.

That's a common Unix/Win/Mac newline character problem I guess, but for
that and all the copy/paste and similiar problems one would either have
to upgrade GHOST a bit or maybe step back and integrate Blender with
the OS without the GHOST layer. And I don't think anyone is keen on
doing that :o)

have fun!
Samo