[Bf-funboard] Re: Toolbox Design 3

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:49:08 +0200

ton@blender.org (2003-10-09 at 1651.52 +0200):
> - What about this: (rendered mockup)
>
>      http://www.blender.org/bf/toolbox.jpg

I wonder why mixing styles, normal and pie, spreading things all over
the place (where the menu will appear now? will I pass over something
and it will be triggered?).

You start with the "only direction matters" adventage of pie menus and
then discard it, going to mad popping normal menus based in distance
and avoiding other areas.

For the moment sounds worse than current one in which you know all is
gonna be in a limited area and mostly up-down movements, maybe a few
right-left, and without any "doubtful" area or speed based triggering.

Great about keeping the last one under cursor, but that can be done in
other solutions too.

GSR