[Bf-funboard] Toolbox Design 3

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:51:52 +0200

Hi,

Yah, I like three better too. It is important to visualize you opened
an extra sublevel, that way additional sublevels can be drawn clearly
as well.

- I think it's no problem to extend this method to 2, 3, 5, or 6
leveled 'crosses'.

- The title disappears... I think that should remain visible.

- What about this: (rendered mockup)

     http://www.blender.org/bf/toolbox.jpg

   - first sublevel always opens outside of its parent.
     That means it opens to the top or bottom only.
   - secondary sublevels open to left or right (inside)
   - the title bar hilites when you mouse-over
   - 2nd time when you use the toolbox within same context, it opens the
     toobox as you last used it, hilites the last choosen item AND
     hilites in same color the title. Clicking on title then gives
     the same command again.

(Note: we're not discussing styling, but usability guidines here!)

-Ton-