[Bf-funboard] Blendfile Tutorials

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:11:49 +0200

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 08:00:29PM +0200, ph wrote:
> Hi
>
> I hope this is not too much offtopic.
>
>   By the way, I mostly agree with Jeffrey's post on respect for the user.
>
>   The arrows on the new buttons keep bothering me since they are useful for
> the total beginner, but for nobody else. So I thought of how to teach a
> rookie the buttons. And I found that Blender got most of what is needed
> already built in.
>
> OK, here is my try:
>
> www.people.freenet.de/haunt_house/blender/blender_buttons.blend
> www.people.freenet.de/haunt_house/blender/blender_buttons.zip
> (both contain the same)
>
>   In addition to learning the buttons, it has the advantage that the Blender
> newbie works entirely with blender and therefore is already involved with
> the use. Instant interaction.

Very interesting use of what blender has to offer.

Maybe it is just because I had a long day in front of the monitor ...
It would be so much easier on the eye to have a varibale width font for
text like that. And zoom working on text would be terrific for people
like me with not that good eyesight.

How about offering tutorials like that as one option of startup/welcome
window. Would be otherwise rather pointless to have something for the total
newbie, but he has first to find out how to access it.

---
Thorsten