[Bf-funboard] (Ton) Toolbox design

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:22:03 +0200

Hi,

> So you want a _pure_ context-menu like in other apps on rightclick.

Yep, convention here... it's useful to adopt that.
We can also look at, after 2.3, a method to map mousebuttons different,
so that an actual rightmouse click gives this...

> I then still want to check if it fits into radial menus or try multi
> column layouts. Hope at least such a thing has a chance of
> implementation in 2.3 (or another not to far away release).

The mockups I've seen so far don't convince me real radial pie menus
will work for us. I think the purpose of a radial system is especially
to provide a quick way to browse through 'static' info. Meaning, not
context sensitive, but like the main pulldown menu in a program, with
every option always available, and always at same location; allowing a
user to unconsciously learn the gestures.

OTH, I can make sure the system is being coded in such a way that both
can be coded, as user option or for testing purposes.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org