[Bf-funboard] Toolbox design

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:17:52 +0200

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 01:55:17AM +1000, Luke Wenke wrote:
> > Autocomplete semi-commandline
> >
> > Like mentioned before in some post of mine, there could be a textfield
> > somewhere on the toolbox menu. Starting with the first key entered,
> > possible completions would be shown in a list next to the field.
> > Like "Add" "Append" "Apply Size/Rot" for "A".
> =============================
> I think it is much easier for either the person to click on the item, or use
> the hotkey (which would be listed next to the item name) As far as changing
> OSA goes, it is probably quicker to go to the display buttons. (that
> involves 2 clicks.... or 3, if OSA wasn't currently enabled).

Changing OSA setting can involve bringing a buttons window to view (you could
a window maximized or be on a screen with no buttons window), clicking display
tab and finaly use the osa buttons. And in most cases you will have to travel
across a huge part of the screen. Compare to that the time it will take to enter
space,o,s,a,1,6,enter for soemone with just average typing skills.

I think this is to be the fastest and most powerful way of accessing all blender
functionality that you don't use often enough to memorize a single letter
shortcut, but that you know of with name.

But I sure hope to hear more opinions about it.

---
Thorsten