[Bf-funboard] Object color proposal

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:58:52 +0200

Hi,

>> The proposal here is to show the cursor as a small XYZ axis oriented
>> with the object.  X, Y, and Z (the letters) are not shown on the axis
>> (although it might be a good candidate as an option - "Show XYZ" or
>> something).  The Tri-color for the centerpoint is the Red for X, Green
>> for Y, Blue for Z color axis we've seen in other applications (note, I
>> may have associated the wrong color with the wrong axis, but you get
>> the
>> idea).
>
> Using XYZ color axis gizmos for centerpoints could lay to much weight
> on
> them. I often don't care about centerpoints and therefore I'm happy
> they're small and unobstrusive. But maybe everybody else works with
> them
> all the time ...

I agree. I choose for a tiny 'icon' to distinguish from other items
drawn in the 3d window. It seems that people working at larger monitor
resolutions have troubles seeing it though, so it can be designed
better.

My idea would be to separate default drawing from optional drawing. We
already have a 'draw axis' option for Object, why not improve that?

This discussion reveils that there's a wide range of opinions and
possibilies here. I'm losing overview... I'd welcome someone putting it
in a huge spreadsheet!

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org