[Bf-funboard] File Browser proposal

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 16:07:36 +0100 (CET)

 --- Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@freenet.de> wrote: > On Sun,
Nov 30, 2003 at 03:30:50PM +0100, William
> Reynish wrote:
> > I have included a new section in the UI proposal
> about
> > how to change the file browser. Please check it
> out:
> >
> > Here is an image:
> > http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/fileselector.jpg
> >
> > This is a link to the File Browser proposal:
> > http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/filebrowser.htm
> >
> > Comments please!
>
> Hi William,
>
> I very much like the idea to have "Refresh" and "Up"
> Icons.
> But I think the 2 you show need some work. Especialy
>
> "Refresh": it's to complicated, one can only tell on
> second
> look what it's supposed to be (I'm talking about the
> design,
> not the concept.

Yes, I can see what you mean. I'll see what I can do.
The refresh icon could be even clearer.

> The filetype icons are good. Not eyecandy, but very
> clear
> and recognizeable.
>
> Maybe it would be good to compare with open/save
> dialogs
> of various systems. We could collect screenshots.

Good idea! Lets see what we can find.. But they were
also meant to be consistant with current Blender icons
inside the program.

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan