[Bf-funboard] Layer Manager + OUTLINER

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:50:44 +0100

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 02:48:36AM +0100, Shodan wrote:

> I also would suggest an improvement about Outliner (MAJ+F4).
> It would be cool to link LayerManagement and Outliner to spare space.. anyway your pop-up is cool and was planned as my second suggest.
>
> It's already a nightmare to organize obj even with layers but without real Outliner it's "deathly" :)

> i got others ideas but what d'you think about that?

How about a tabbed panel/windowtype with the tabs: Layers, Objects, Materials?
Layers would be much like Karim's mockup, but turned into a treeview with
all layers as folders containing objects. The Objects tab would present all
objects in categories. Materials would show all Materials (and whicj objects
they're applied too). Of course this could also be realized without tabs,
but multirooted instead.

---
THorsten