[Bf-funboard] Re: Re: Auto-subdivide

GSR - FR bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:22:27 +0100

wreynish@yahoo.dk (2003-11-26 at 2220.54 +0100):
> So it would be a bad idea to add automatic subdividing
> for redertime radiosity? You are saying the same

Did I propose that? No, I proposed using the same controls, which
means less confusion. It also provides the option to interactively do
tests so when you go to final render it will give acceptable results
in acceptable time, cos you have verified visually, while the
radiosity is being computed not after full render, 1 of every X frames
to get a rough idea of what values are needed and even check if you
have to use different settings due radical changes in geometry.

So the only differences are when you want the solution computed (per
frame / by hand) and if you want the results saved as meshes (no /
yes). But you should get the same controls and the same results for
both cases. It could even covert non meshes to meshes when you
collect, as improvement for manual radiosity (specially if better
matching is desired).

GSR