[Bf-funboard] Re: Re: Auto-subdivide

GSR - FR bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:07:26 +0100

johnnyb@eskimo.com (2003-11-26 at 1316.03 -0800):
> Another difference with the new radiosity renderer is that you have to
> make sure your normals are facing the right way, or you get no results at
> all.  In the previous incarnation, you only had to get the normals
> pointing correctly at the emit source.

Seems the old mode has changed to behave like per frame mode wrt
normals. I always set the normals as I want, to avoid problems, thus
never noticed changes, now or in past.

Example: I created a box as room (cube with one face removed) with
default normals, plane as light, one icosphere with default normals,
other with normals inside... this last one got light all over in 2.22
and no light in 2.28c, and walls looked ok in 2.22 but not in 2.28c.
So well, no results or wrong results... none really the expected
look. Telling Blender where to exactly point the normals always seem
to give similar (and expected) results in both versions.

GSR