[Bf-funboard] Re: Auto-subdivide

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:20:54 +0100 (CET)

So it would be a bad idea to add automatic subdividing
for redertime radiosity? You are saying the same
effect can be achievedusing the old method. True, but
that wasn't the point. The point is that we now have
Rendertime radiosity (this feature was added in
Blender 2.28c, hence "new") and that it doesn't
automaticly subdivide the mesh, meaning you have
subivide everything (losing control and destroying RVK
work among other bad things about subdividing your
mesh) before rendering. It would be useful if it could
subdivide it in rendertime! Why would it not be good?

I have worked with both methods and I can definately
see the advantage of adding a way to auto subdivide in
rendertime.

Programming wise it might be hard to implement in
rendertime radisosity though, but that is another
question!

johnnyb@eskimo.com (2003-11-26 at 1207.53 -0800):