[Bf-funboard] Re: Auto-subdivide

Jonathan Bartlett bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:16:03 -0800 (PST)

> New? I thought it was the old one but run per frame without
> subdivision, just the bouncing.

per-frame is still new, and seems to work at least a little different.  I
imagine that's because the old one would make a single, new mesh, which
really screws up textures.  I think he only took part of the radiosity
code , because it really works differently.

I was hoping my solution would be algorithmic enough to be implementable
more quickly.

Another difference with the new radiosity renderer is that you have to
make sure your normals are facing the right way, or you get no results at
all.  In the previous incarnation, you only had to get the normals
pointing correctly at the emit source.

Jon