[Bf-funboard] Re: Auto-subdivide

GSR - FR bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:57:38 +0100

johnnyb@eskimo.com (2003-11-26 at 1207.53 -0800):
> The new radiosity stuff is excellent!  However, it requires subdivinding

New? I thought it was the old one but run per frame without
subdivision, just the bouncing.

> the models before rendering.  This can really slow down the modelling
> phase if you wind up having to tweak your designs after subdividing.
>
> I propose the following buttons for radiosity renders:
[...]

I propose using the radiosity buttons that control subdivision when
you use the old method. No new buttons, so no new things to explain.
That way you can also do some old style tests to get useful values.
Also, old system subdivides where it is needed, not always.

GSR