[Bf-funboard] IPO window proposal

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:08:18 +0100

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 07:32:32PM +0100, William Reynish wrote:

> > Your panels need much more space. Mainly because of
> > the number
> > buttons.
>
> They dont actually need much more space. The only
> extra space added is the sum of the panel headers.
> Currently there is one line for X, one line for Y and
> one line for Z. taking up three lines. My setup for
> moving still takes op three lines, but their is space
> for more stuff because of the panel design.

Vertical no problem, I think, but I meant horizontaly!
It might easily be 3 times as wide as now. Well, maybe
it's worth it, but you should be aware of the tradeoff.

> > How about using Nkey/Transform properties
> > instead?
>
> Did you mean Nkey in the 3D window or the IPO window?

In IPO.

> The Nkey functionality should still remain in the IPO
> window. But there is a difference between using the
> Nkey and the number buttons in the panels. In the
> panels you can quickly see the the what the objects
> X,Y and Z value is, and as you move the frame bar, the
> numbers will update interactively.
>
> > It could show values of selected control points.
> > Well, I have to say that I lack experience with this
> > Editor ...
>
> That is what the Nkey functionality (transform
> properties) in the IPO window is for, which is logical
> enough, since it works just like Transform Properties
> in the 3D window.

Oh well, in my Blender 2.3 with one object with 2 Loc Keys
Transform Properties inside IPO contain:
  Visible Curves:
  Xmin  Xmax
  Ymin  Ymax

I'm have no clue how those are supposed to be used, but
it is certainly different from what you said about it.

I expected to either have the values of visible curves
at the frame bar or the values of selected control
points shown in Transform Properties. Allthough I
made use of  the Curves for a not to simple project,
I never used NKey there before.

---
Thorsten