[Bf-funboard] Removing actions in buttonwindows

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:46:30 +0100 (CET)

Having just explored the new toolbox extensively, I
can say that I REALLY like it! Simple, fast, easy to
use... Great!

Simply.. I'm in love with the new toolbox!

After having played with the new interface for a while
I began to think that we should really remove some
actions in the buttonwindows, especially in the
editbuttons window. Subdivide, for example, should be
removed from edit buttons since it just creates
confusion - it is also in the Mesh menu AND in the new
toolbox.

These features from the edit buttons are also in the
menus and toolbox, and should be removed from the edit
buttons:

Smooth, Split, Subdivide Fractal, Remove doubles, Flip
normals and extrude.

In my oppinion having only SOME of the mesh editing
features that can also be reached from the amazing new
toolbox AND from a menu in the 3D window thrown into
the buttons window is confusing for the beginner,
messy and illogical.

If we don't delete these buttons, new users might
think that these were the only mesh editing tools
available, or get confused between Subdivide in the
menu and Subdivide in the buttonswindow.

I stronly suggest that Smooth, Split, Subdivide

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan