[Bf-funboard] toolbox in all windows?

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 09:14:12 +0100 (CET)

Brilliant work on the 2.3 versionn we have at
Blender.org! Blenders future looks a lot brighter with
this release! The navigation tools are screwed though,
I can't navigate at all using two buttons (I hate
using my mouse wheel as a third mouse button).

This is though a very good first step in improving the
interface, but I think we can go further and organise
the buttonwindows more logically.

I really like that you have included menus in many of
the windows, but why doesn't the NLA editor have a
menu? Strange!
And why isn't 'copy to OS clipboard' in the Text
Editor window? Come to think of it, why isn't
'straighten IPO handles' in the IPO menu? Have they
just not been implemented yet, or is there some other
reson why these features are not accesible?

Anyway, now comes the main issue:

I thought the plan was to make the toolbox work in all
the windows, so that you could invoke move/grab,
scace, and lots of other commands in, for example, the
IPO window. It currently only works in the 3D window!

Surely the toolbox should work with all the windows
and be context sensitive, because then it would start
to be really clever. It would be really easy to work
out how to, for example, move points around in the IPO
window as well as other things.
This is from the UI doc: "the toolbox then also will
show all options in other editors than the 3d Window
correctly."

It seems that incorporating the toolbox in other
windows was part of the plan indeed. Is it still part
of the plan? The official final version has not been
released yet, so I would like to hear if it is being
worked on. Are we going to have the toolbox in the
other windows?

I really hope we are!

-William Reynish (Monkeyboi)

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan