[Bf-funboard] Themes/Skins/etc

Gabriel Walt bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:56:59 +0200

> One of the strange things, for me, is that although I
> like the new gradient views and such, I almost prefer
> the old system at times. It has a certain... charm :-)

I can only agree, when I look at aqua in a as objective way as possible I just realize how kitch it is. It's not much better than a mostly pink drawing of a galloping horse with a sunset behind, exept that aqua is blue, not pink :)

More seriously, I think that a user interface should focus on great visibility, differenciation of different group of buttons, and so on. And to much "styly" artefacts in the buttons is going to the opposite direction. It's always better to focus on something sober that something beautiful. Because the so said beautiful stuff will not be considered as such by more than 50% of the useres and even the convinced users will probably change their mind after they saw that same beautiful theme a few months. ;)

But all that doesn't mean that the possibility of tweaking the look is bad, in the contrary! I think that what you did is really great, and I thank you very much! I'll finally be able to do my sober and minimalist blender color sheme!

Just one question / request: is it also possible to change the background of the 3d window? That would be really great! =]

Gabriel [diz]