[Bf-funboard] Policy

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:05:01 -0600

Is this what wings are??
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/COURSES/cs3621/NOTES/model/winged-
e.html

Found references to winged edges in Wings 3D website... I
guess this is the implementation
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
8&safe=off&q=winged+edge+wings+3d

I had originally thought it was a specialization on
the concept of a N-edge/vertex polygon, but found out that
wings depends on quads and tris.

A N-edge polygon can be made up of tris (thought of as N-edge
polygons, base case of 3 edges), arrangement is
not important. A quad could be a kind of N-edge polygon
where the number of edges is fixed at 4, but the representation of
the tris in a quad is not important, and a tri could be represented
of course as a 3-edge polygon..

So a quad and tri are specializations of a N-edge polygon..
But Wings has limited compatibility with N-edge polygons as
it depends directly on quads/tris.. Unless there is a version of
wings that will use N-edge polygons..

Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail