[Bf-funboard] 2.28 features

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:01:49 +0200

Hi all,

In the rush to get a 2.28 before Siggraph, I've copied a few features
from Tuhopuu. Which include:

- the 'shaders' cessen worked at; to select diffuse and specular
shaders for Materials (Lambert/Oren, Phong/Cook/Blinn/Toon).
- extra options for lamps, with settings for 'no diffuse' and 'no
specular'.
- the feature which automatic shows LampButtons or MaterialButtons when
you select an Object.

Hos committed his 'relative vertex key' sliders. I added last night
Goofsters proposal for edge selection, edge highlighting. Plus changed
'draw faces' option to a transparant face drawing.

This is currently in CVS, for everyone to test & review. I'm working on
a full changelog, including feature documentation and all the little
bugs & changes that happened over the past months.

I've taken the liberty to do it without consulting this list... I'm
just trying to get 2.28 ready before leaving to the USA thursday. :)
Nevertheless, we're still testing and preparing the release. If you can
manage to get a compiled latest snapshot, please test & provide
feedack. Also for the new audio editor & python API.

Siggraph starts next week sunday, we aim at getting 2.28 out before
that. If needed a 2.28a upgrade will be posted a week later.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org