[Bf-funboard] Axiomatic definition of Blender: or "Back to Basics"

Karim Nassar bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:15:17 -0400

> I'd suggest that if you're not very familiar with Blender, that you take
> some time and try to get to know it quite well.

That's what I'm doing now... I've created several projects for myself...
and am learning the system. So far, I like Blender a lot. I do find the
interface to be rather unrefined in some ways, but overall, I like it.

> Personally, I think the main thing in improving Blender's interface is not
> making it more like other 'click here once to render a beautiful picture'
> programs, but by taking the ideas that are already there, and improving the
> communication to and from the user. There are a number of things which can
> be improved, such as more consistency in UI control usage, better visual
> communication of their functions, better language (such as in describing
> button labels), better information design and organisation/layout of
> controls according to their functions, importance, visual heirarchies, etc.

I agree wholeheartedly.

In any case, my post was sort of a "Hello World" :). I'm working at
learning enough to where I can be more usefull to the development and
put some of my skills to use.

--Karim