[Bf-funboard] Edit Buttons and Constraint Sliders proposals

David Cuny bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:27:53 -0800

William Reynish wrote:

> 1: Constraint Sliders

I'm not sure I understand the problem. If I read this correctly, RVK (morph
targets) only track mesh vertexes, not bone motion. So you're suggesting
adding a Constraint Slider that would allow adding bone motion.

Wouldn't it be more logical to add bone motion to morph targets instead? I'd
certainly never think to look for bone motion in Constraints.

I know that Animation:Master's morphs combine both mesh and bone action.

(Actually, the morphs in A:M are actually 100 frame sequences, so you don't
specify the percent strength of the morph, but the frame in the sequence to
target. But I'm getting off track.)

By including bone action with vertex keys, you can do stuff like have arms
bend, and correct distortions in the mesh. (A:M goes a step further, and lets
you specify target morphs for bone motions, so when a bone bends, the shape
automatically flexes a 'muscle', or corrects a distortion in the mesh.)

-- David Cuny