[Bf-funboard] Long Live XSI

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:08:11 +0100

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 05:52:49PM +0100, Roel Spruit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Because there was some confusion in the past about user-coder interaction,
> I thought I would just shout at you saying that I'm following the
> conversation
> and experimenting here and there
>
> I'm all for a "simple" layermanagement system like the one in XSI.
> It's clean and simple, and doesn't require a lot of changes.

What I aim/wish for is a system that works much like the current,
but has some advanced possibilities.

The problem with anything going in that XSI or photshop direction
is the space on screen you need for it.

I think it would be optimal, to be able to do simple layer management
with just a small area in a header and shortcuts just like now. A
management dialog/windowtype can offer advanced capabilities.

---
Thorsten