[Bf-funboard] +, - or disclosure triangles

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:51:56 +1000

Well now that I think of it, I only really figured out what the "+" and "-"
meant exactly recently... before then I'd think of the "+" meaning it is
"full" (not expanded) and "-" meaning it is empty (expanded) - which doesn't
follow on from those symbols very well.
As you said, triangles would be more consistent for Blender, and they'd
probably be easier for many people to understand. I think the triangles
should be a bit flatter than the current ones in the buttons window... that
way it is easier to see which way they're pointing. But I don't think they
should be too flat or small. (so that they are easy to click on) If they're
fairly flat they are more visually distinct in the 2 different states. It
would be good if there is an animated rotation. (Maybe blender has that
already but on this computer Blender 2.3's interface has a poor framerate
[it's an Athlon 2GHz with onboard video]).
-Luke.