[Bf-funboard] Multiple parents and grouping

car bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:26:09 -0500

I am trying to make a dynamic Rig that does all sorts of stuff with
just one pull of a bone.

Regardless of the current features and the answer that I seek. Back in
the IKA days and when everything became Open Source their was a
Grouping feature that was discovered. That feature was great ! With
just one group root . The root item could be used for Sub-surfacing a
huge stack of items with just one command.

The other thing to it, it  was A sudo Rabbit parent system.

My understanding.

In real life: In real life I have two chains linked two a ball in the
center. If the left chain is pulled the ball and right chain will be
pulled and vice versa.

In Blender Only one chain will act as parent. There is the Track to
feature so that is getting close. But in Armatures I need to parent the
centre bone to move with both hands tail(s) and feet and whatever else.
I feel that the multiple parents would do the job well. As when I have
one parent to the centre bone it works great. But the others do not.
And the Copy LOC constraints act really odd when setting it up and most
times jump to far away when rigging the names into the boxes.

No matter. Multiple parents would do a world of quick moving and
editing all things Blender.

If you reach my message in confusion please do not hesitate to contact
me and I will try my best to give further explanations. As this is an
old feature request and was once a feature that partly existed. It was
called Grouping and was Orange when it worked. We now have select as a
group but that is still the same parenting system.