[Bf-funboard] (Peter) Re: layers vs. groups, and "no render".

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:45:39 +0100

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:16:42AM +0100, ph wrote:

>   If you want to decide which layer to render and which not, simply put the
> twenty buttons in the F10 Render buttons. This approach is already used in
> edit buttons and envmaps. Why not there, too?

A sensible option.

However, something still missing from multi-state button ideas, I would
like to have a fast accessible preview of what will be rendered in 3d view.
Since I quite often change that for test renderings, and it would be otherwise
quite difficult to set the buttons for rendering right.

That's why I could imagine using (at least) to sets of layer settings.
Which set is in effect could be set for 3d views and rendering seperately.
So you could use 1 set for editing and switch to the other for setting up
what's to be rendered.
The bad thing about this: Another concept, abstraction between the buttons
and their value.

---
Thorsten