[Bf-funboard] File Browser proposal

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:14:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi Matt! It's a good idea to do some more research
next.

I don't have the latest OSX, and I got the impression
that the file browser has been changed in the newest
one?

Anyway, this is what the file browser looks like in my
OSX version (10.2 as far as I remember):

Save:
http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/filebrowser_osx_save.jpg

Load:
http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/filebrowser_osx_load.jpg

They are really cool, but also very simple. However,
as far as I can make out, they don't really have space
for adding all the functionality required in Blender
without a little chnaging in position etc.

Below is a tiny update of my mockup (couldn't help
myself). Just changed a few things here and there.
http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/fileselector2.jpg
It suggests a way to add favourites, which would be
quite nice. This is just a suggestion as to how it
could work..

I still agree that we should discuss things more
thurally, so the mockup can be regarded as very much
work in progress.

Hey, I just noticed that ou have uploaded some
filebrowsers in the feature
requests(http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=363&group_id=32&atid=207).
Cool!

Now we can start to examine the good/bad points of
different file browsers.

-William