[Bf-funboard] Features for testing and critics

Martin Poirier bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:29:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- Fabrizio Cali <ilac@maltanet.net> wrote:
> 1) Rotation is broken when I click the MMB! :o(

Fixed in the new build. Same link.

> 2) Copy Location isn't working right either! Without
> space on, the
> constraint is inversed! (Which would be cool if it
> was optional *wink*
> wink* ;o) )

Seems to be broken in bf-blender but working correctly
in tuhopuu. I must have broken it at some point when
transfering it.
Also solved in the last update. (stupid bit number
problem)

> I'm still trying to understand the space option! I
> can be a bit slow
> sometimes!;oP

It probably will never be included in any official
release. It was a temporary hacked feature to replace
local axis constraint when grabing.
Unless you studied vectorial and matricial space
maths, you probably won't understand what it does, and
thus, will probably just think that it's broken.

> I didn't come across any other problems so far! :o)

w000t

> Feature suggestion for the numerical imput: Pressing
> eg  SHIFTTAB
> displays absolute (world) values. And entering a
> value in this mode
> inserts an absolute location. Would be handy when
> editing single vertices
> in edit mode for cad work. Its much MUCH faster than
> pressing NKEY - and
> that gives local, not global, location anyway!
> possible? Anybody else
> think it would be useful?

Possible. Would be usefull too.

> > rotate works).
> Yes, but unless you switch on the axis display for
> the object you don't
> know which is the X,Y or Z axis until you actually
> move, rot etc! So
> visual feedback would be helpful. (Arrows or the
> dotted 'track').

I see. Yeah, good point. Now, I wonder how that could
be implemented...

> Regarding the Constraints, could it be possible to
> specify which axis are
> referenced in the Copy Rotation Constraint just like
> in the CopyLoc
> Constraint?

Yes, but it would be mostly useless, since the axis
rotations, after being transfered into rotation
matrices, are often not what you'd expect them to be.

--- "Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero"
<famrom@infernal-iceberg.com> wrote:
> Not everyone has wheel and seems that would remove
> proportional
> editing for those in that situation, which is a
> 180deg change compared
> to the policy of being nice with all kind of devices
> (2-button mouse
> option and such).

Good point. Maybe adding making Shift + and Shift -
affect PET would solve this.

--- Chris Want <cwant@ualberta.ca> wrote:
> Sounds like the combination of mouse and
> numerical input is a bit troublesome -- I
> wonder if implementing a 'clever numbut'
> in transform() via the n key (already the
> standard elsewhere) might be an easier
> solution? That way one wouldn't have to
> worry about bumping the mouse during
> a transformation while inputing. Just a
> thought ...

no too sure I understood what you meant.

Something like: Pressing Nkey in transform would
toggle between numerical input and mouse input?

Could be done easily.

thanks for the comments and critics everyone

Martin