[Bf-funboard] Rotoscoping, image-planes or background

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:02:42 +0200

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 12:18:55PM +0200, Roel Spruit wrote:
> object
>

> - Adding a property is a case of adding 1 definition in the code.
> - How easy would it be to load and position an image in the background?
> isn't that just as hard?
> - if you setup the plane method, you can set the material to not-render
> right?
>
> Roel
>
> ps. I know I shouldn't use this as an argument, but most of the tutorials
> I've seen for setting up
>     a rotoscope setup for other software packages, use the plane method too
> I think.....

Since when does the usual way of doing something matter to blender? ;-)

O.K, now
- Background images per orto-perspective would need an extra mechanism for
scaling and positioning. Best handled with handles just like in presentation
and dtp packages. But it would require a special mode. The argument for background
images is, that they don't clutter your scene.

- With special image-planes you would get _instant_ planes that will show an image
(property in edit-buttons) proportionaly scaled in all view modes but won't render.

A minimal view-mode property is not focused on the problem. So I wonder if you (or
anybody else) can think of other uses?

---
Thorsten