[Bf-funboard] Particles and fluids and blah blah

Gregor Mückl bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:00:13 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 14. August 2003 20:02 schrieb Martin Poirier:
> > Just let me throw in a remark on a dedicated
> > simulation program for fluids
> > that a (really brilliant) guy did for school:
> >
> > http://falmaidan.sourceforge.net
> >
> > [Now the author of this program is studying physics
> > with me :-)]
> >
> > This program does not simulate a particle system but
> > does the "classical"
> > approach of solving the Navier-Stokes differential
> > equations for fluids to
> > achieve this. And please note that the fluid was not
> > rendered using
> > (better-looking) blobs because POV-ray had a strange
> > bug that prevented this.
>
> Really interesting. Since it's someone you know,
> couldn't you bug him a little to see if he's willing
> to have a look at integrating this in Blender?
>
> :P
>
> Martin

Actually I know him well enough to tell you that he probably won't do that. He
is someone who hates anything but clean, object-oriented code. And Blender's
source code is definitvely of the wrong kind. And there's nothing I can do to
change this.

Regards,
Gregor